Monday 11 May 2009

New drawings







Crit feedback 'you need to set yourself small and focussed briefs, each one only lasting a couple of days at the most. This will help you move forward with more purpose. Committing time to the project is the only way. Enjoy it! Satisfactory at this stage.'

For my live project i am developing my style and creating a bulk of work i can feel confident enough to show people. I origonally wanted to get in contact with magazines, but I still lack confidence in my ability and felt intimidated by the whole thing. I have forced myself to sit down for a few hours i have really moved on and got on with some work that i feel pleased about. I've also been experimenting with photoshop to make my drawings more professional, I'm in no doubt i could probably get better results if i asked for some help, but sitting down on my own has been rewarding if not frustrating.
I'm going to continue drawing, and enjoying it, I'm pleased with the stuff I'm coming out with. My work has developed, not moving totally away from my original style but maturing and becoming more controlled and stylized. My main focus is putting together a portfolio of quuality work, work that i would be pleased to show a potential client. Although it would be nice to get more involved in a live project, this brief is just what i needed to do, allowing myself some time to get my illustration together. I feel more focused and happy in general with the whole course.

No comments: