Thursday 14 May 2009

Mock-up





I've been working hard, drawing away like a mad woman but Sophie and Nick thought it would be nice to see my work used in context. I scanned in an old issue of vice and managed to photoshop my drawings in. On close inspection, i am aware you can see the lines where the colors of the magazine, and where my work contrast and the article has no relevance to my work but on the whole i think the outcome is really effective. It almost gets me excited to see what my work looks like in a magazine format, not just a drawing sitting on a piece of paper. I feel this live project has allowed me to go from strength to strength..I'm really enjoying drawing again and I'm gaining confidence in my abilities. This process of putting my work into context also gives me belief that my illustrations look good in this kind of structure and pushes me to get in contact with potential clients to see what i can offer them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They do look really good in a magazine! :) x